Monday, October 26, 2009

Making Candy Corn


















We all LOVED making and eating candy corn today. It is
not sold here where we live.  We visited
http://www.homemade-dessert-recipes.com/candy-corn-recipe.html
for instructions. It was easy, the kids enjoyed helping me
and LD was impressed. "Wow Mom! YOU knew how to
make real candy!!!" We halved the recipe which made more
than plenty. As you can see, I added baking chocolate to
make brown candy corn. Also, I made pumpkin balls by rolling
some of the orange candy into balls and put a dab of green
on top.

If your candy starts to get too hard, you can stick it in
the microwave for 10 seconds to loosen it up.

Here's what we did:

Melted and cooked for five minutes:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/6* cup butter

*I just estimated this by filling my 1/3 cup half full!

Taken off the stove and added:
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mixed together and then added to the mixture:
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/6* cup powdered milk
1/8 tsp salt

red, yellow and green food coloring
baking chocolate (for brown colors)

















































This past week we also made a couple things from canned
pumpkin . We made pumpkin bars, which were light like a
cake. The kids loved them!

I also made pumpkin spice lattes for me and Dad a few
days ago. They were interesting and others (online) said
that it tastes just like ones from Starbucks, but I've haven't
been there  in years (maybe more than 10yrs!) so I can't
say. I'd make them again sometime. I was impatient and
made one batch on the stove and one batch in the crockpot. 
They tasted the same to me--very good.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment